• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to montior Video Card temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spbeyond

Registered
Hello everyone. I just got my new computer up and running with a 8800GTS 320mb card in it. I was playing eve-online and it froze! I am wondering if it is the heatsink, as I got it from a freind and he had put a waterblock on the video card and then put the stock heatsink back on. So maybe he did it wrong or something. All other temps seem fine. SO I was wondering if maybe there is a program that I can see what the video cards temp is and maybe use it to do a minor overclock when i get the cooling improved? Thanks

i swear there should be a stickey with a title in size 7 font bolded that says... FOR OVERCLOCKING AND TEMP VIEWING OF NVIDIA CARDS USE RIVATUNER!

cus this question, as well as "what program should i use to oc my nvidia XXXX card" come up so damn often.

Next time OP please take seriously the 1 minute (less time than it took to write up your question, and alot less time waiting for a responce) to just use the search funcion.

Sorry for the rant... if your offended read the disclosure in my sig. :beer:

I was using rivatuner last night to play with the card, now today It wont detect it or something. Card is running fine and I didn't overclock it last night. But now all the overclock settings are grayed out and it wont detect. The custom fan settings are still working though. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks

well, could be multiple things, bios settings, like the computer im using now i cant do
anything with cause its a PoS dell at school, and dell locked all the good stuff up.
meaning im in the same boat as u on this one.

best thing i would try but DONT use this program to overclock ANYTHING! ntune. go to
gpu settings then make it direct fan control, there you can set the gpu fan speed
manually =D overrides the bios settings.

Thats what I was wondering too! Where in RivaTuner does it show you your temps?

I am not at that computer right now but, its on the top group of icons that you can make come out. To the right of the video card description I beleive. There are a few icons and one with a computer chip with a magnifing glass on it. That is the one.

Back