• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Running the E-2200 on the P5P800SE or the Intel 865PE chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rds5150

just need to know if it works, i'm running a 511 on this board @ 4.0 @ 44c

can i expect to O.C. the E-2200, on this older board (ie; pc-3200 mem)
or is it just gonna putter out & be useless

Is anyone running the E-2200 on the 865PE chip, if so please give a little
input

thanx

p4-511 2.8 533mhz 775 @ 3.6
asus p5p800se
4 512 pc-3200 ddr
2 80 gig sata 2
xfx 6200 256mb agp
coolermaster extreme 550 watt p.s.
coolermaster geminII cpu cooler w/2 120 fans
coolermaster case w/2 120 fans

To make a long story short no it will not.

The newer NGMA based chips like the one you are looking at (Conroe) use a seperate voltage table and in order for it to work in any board needs to have the proper voltage regulation for it as well as the BIOS support. The i865 has neither however DDR2 as well as boards that will support NGMA processors are very inexpensive and given your position should be looked at.

that makes a lot sense, cause the set-able voltage range on the p5p800se is from
1.5 to 2.5, which is way above the rated voltage of an E-2200 or any c2d, even the
511 currently installed

so, why would asus have a bios (they say) that supports the E-2200, if its not
gonna work right................................

im just getting my feet wet as far as o.c.ing goes, and im fairly impressed with this
m.b. so far (2.8 511 running @ 4.0 @ 32/44c), so if i were to throw a p4 661 3.6 on this
board, could i expect the same ratio of result or am i just ****ing in the wind

also, what kind of voltage can i throw @ this 511 (intel says 1.4 max) my m.b. starts
@ 1.5

http://shhsclassof1963.com/Report.htm

thanks for tha input, Sentenial

that makes a lot sense, cause the set-able voltage range on the p5p800se is from
1.5 to 2.5, which is way above the rated voltage of an E-2200 or any c2d, even the
511 currently installed

so, why would asus have a bios (they say) that supports the E-2200, if its not
gonna work right................................

im just getting my feet wet as far as o.c.ing goes, and im fairly impressed with this
m.b. so far (2.8 511 running @ 4.0 @ 32/44c), so if i were to throw a p4 661 3.6 on this
board, could i expect the same ratio of result or am i just ****ing in the wind

also, what kind of voltage can i throw @ this 511 (intel says 1.4 max) my m.b. starts
@ 1.5

http://shhsclassof1963.com/Report.htm

thanks for tha input, Sentenial

Anytime, as far as the CPU is concerned the old Prescott chips could take as much as 1.6v without too much issue although heat became a factor. Most people like myself used low 1.5v for good air cooling such as thermalright.

That being said I am somewhat perplexed as to why you insist on keeping the setup you currently have. There isnt honestly anything there of tremendous value worth keeping when there are many many inexpensive options to run Conroe and the newer 45nm Wolfdale chips which will be significantly faster than what you currently have. Infact there are several that use DDR1 as well as AGP.

On a clock for clock basis the NGMA chips like Conroe are almost 100% faster than the old Netburst Pentium 4 chips such as yours. Infact there are several benchmarks that i clearly remember showing that a simple 3ghz Conroe beat a 5ghz Pressler dual core in just about every test done especially in games.

Given your situation rather than throwing good money away on something clearly obsolete I would highly suggest looking at a motherboard that will support the NGMAs. Whether you want to go for the full package, aka a new PC is entirely up to you but certinaly a new motherboard and processor can be done now for under $150 if you look at some of the NGMA celerons.

For example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157115

this asrock will support your ram, videocard as well as the not yet released full fledged 45nm quad and its only $50

EDIT: There were some i865PEs (the i915,i925, do not) that did support the newer ngmas so I wanted to verify that yours did or did not and according to Asus like I suspected yours does not. It only supports the older netburst pentium 4 and d processors

Last edited:
Back