• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning up a messy cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
Here is a pic of my cpu, after many arctic silver applications. How can I clean this mess off? The core is clean, but I want to clean it off of the rest of the cpu...nail polish remover is not working well.

Thanks.

That is one big mess... :eek:

have u try paint remover???
since nail polish do not work. alcohol not going to work.
:D

i was thinkin if used water or anything on my chip it would be damaged? What is this about dish degergent and how did you do it cause i got a bg mess alot like that one on my 1900+ xp and a little bit on my tbird 1200?

Well I use WD40 and a tooth brush which gets it all off then I use dish washing soap to clean the WD40 off and I dry it (hair dryer and a hot pan holder) but for safe measure I use rubbing Alcohol to make sure its all clean and the Alcohol evaporates so I know there is no water build up or oils or anything on their. The whole thing takes about 4 min.

I just used a damp cloth with a dab of full strength soap. I wiped it clean with the damp cloth... Not much water.

I used a q-tip to get into the tight spots.

Back