• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse no longer detected in Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

niteshs

Registered
Were working fine. Then I paired the input devices with my Playstation 3, and
they worked OK with that. Then when I load up Windows I can't get past the
login page, as the keyboard and mouse are no longer detected (my dad reckons the problem existed before I hooked them up to the PS3 so may not be the cause).

I tried plugging in a USB keyboard to the PC. It is detected before I get into Windows e.g. to get into bios/safe mode. Loaded up safe mode, but keyboard still not detected in windows login page, and neither is my battery-free optical mouse with plugin USB pad, so I can't login.

How can I get them detected in Windows XP?

Does the Bluetooth stack driver representation appear in device Manager?
If yes which drivers are you using.

What is the Hardware ID of the Bluetooth Keyboard?

The problem is I can't get past the Windows user login page, as even a USB keyboard is not detected in Windows (although it can be used to load/change bios and select Windows Safe Mode). This may not necessarily be a bluetooth problem. How can I get the USB keyboard detected in Windows?

Your USB drivers may not be working correctly; therefore USB keyboards or Bluetooth devices would not work.

Try using a PS/2 keyboard then install the USB keyboard and see if it is detected.

Check Device Manager for anything interesting (whatever that may be).

Last edited:
Also, you could try booting to a Recovery Console (Windows 2000 Recovery Console, Windows XP Recovery Console, etc.) and replace the USB driver files.

Here is the Microsoft Knowledgebase article giving procedure:

Note: For the USB drivers for Windows XP, most the drivers files may need to be acquired from a Service Pack driver cabinet (usually "sp1.cab" or "sp2.cab").

If the files you should copy are the sames as for Windows 2000, they should be named:

usbehci.sys
usbhub.sys
usbhub20.sys
usbport.sys
usbui.dll

Also, optionally (if ucertain, copy it):

openhci.sys

Back