• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here is the plan...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Currently I have a CRAP Foxconn Nf4 Sli Intel Mobo/chipset, overclocks worth Shiat...

So anyways its currently a PD 930 (3Ghz)..
2Gb DDR2 667...

In the fall I will be building a new computer so I just need to do something with this till then.

I figure ill upgrade the mobo so at least i can oc, I'll upgrade to something that supports my current hw "pd 930, dd2, xfx 8800gt, sata2 drives.."

we are talking dirt cheap...this is what I have in mind...

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26477&vpn=GA-945GCM-S2C&manufacture=Gigabyte

I know it doesn't support quad core, but hell I can toss an 8400 and it'll be gold, the only down side it partially the chipset, it only supports at max ddr2667 so the memory bandwidth will be kinda low. After I build a new pc ill get an 8400 for that with my old hw and use it to crunch seti.

my question is...the mobo is question (Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C) is mATX, my current case is ATX (standard size), will the mATX fit or will I need a new case too ?

thanks for the help.

Yes the mATX will fit in standard case a it is a smaller board and will give you more room n the case

souns good then, thanks for the reply, i actually found that board for $49.99 somewhere else too, so even better

Back