• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

media card issue,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nasvemos671

Hey guys,
having an issue with autorun on windows xp 64-bit. Here's the deal, I disabled autorun on my cd rom drives, but I didn't disable the autorun for when I connect a media card from my digital camera into my card reader. I plug in my sd card and it shows up with that prompt that is supposed to list "copy pictures and media from media card" and the rest of the options, well the prompt shows up but its just an empty window with no choices except "ok". How can I get those choices back??

thanks in advance

Does it display any other options in the Autoplay snap-in in the Control Panel? Maybe you can set it there.

hmm..I've never even heard of that until you said it, and I cant seem to find it in the control panel,where exactly is it? Is there any other place it might be?

ok so I looked for it on the search bar and it found a bunch of stuff but nothing really pertinent, or anything I could do anything with. Anything else you might know about? I tried using tweak ui and since my 0S is 64 bit it wont work.

You sure you don't have it? It should be in Hardware and Sound if you're not using classic control panel. If I put "autoplay" in my search bar, it finds that along with 2 other options. Not sure why it's not working for yours.

There's also a few options for it in group policy, gpedit.msc under Windows Components.

Back