• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b checking his first rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petes22

Registered
Well my first build is done (maybe). I am happy with most everything except 3DMark06 scores, but I'll get back to that later. First I want to know if these temps seem right for the setup listed in my sig.

The first (Idle) is a few minutes after running 4 instances of SP2004 for just over two hours. This current configuration has lasted over 12 hours on Prime95 with no errors so I just wanted to run it and get my temps up for picture purposes.

The second (Load) is about 2 hours into running 4 instances of SP2004 with no errors.

Ok, now onto my question about 3DMark06 scores. I ran a 16505 on stock settings for my GPUs in Crossfire. I am a bit unfamiliar with this piece of software so I am unsure if that is normal. From the limited research I have been able to do/find it seems to me I should be able to do better than that. What are some scores others have achieved with similar setups? I was OC'd to 3.2ghz when I ran 3DMark06 if that makes any difference.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. Even though you may not have been aware of it you have all been very helpful in getting this build up and running through all of your questions and answers on this forum. Maybe I'll see what this thing can really do after I am more sure of myself and it's capabilities.

Here are temps a little over one hour on P95 with a reduction in vcore of one step. Do they look normal? How about the numbers on 3DMark06; are they okay?

Attachments

• Load 2.jpg
    Load 2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 87
Those temps look fine, but I don't see where your 3d06 scores are.

Sorry, I put them in the original text and never took the picture. The highest I was able to run with a 3.2 OC on the cpu and stock settings on my GPUs was 16505.

Make sure to run small fft to stress the cores.

16k sounds about right. You should be able to increase your scores dramatically if you OC your gfx cards, & OC your CPU more.

*Hint: You don't have to be P95 stable to get through 3DMark06. ;)

Back