• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS4 and Zalman CPNS9500 - won't fit!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Is anyone using this combo? I've found it pretty much impossible to fit this heatsink/fan combo to this board because of Zalman's mounting solution and the capacitor layout on the board.

If anyone got it to work, I'd like to know how..

I suppose I'll use my Arctic Freezer 7 until I figure out something else.

This is for my new rig too.. :(

I have a similar problem with my P5E and my Ultima 90.So im using my Thermaltake TMG i1 right now but i ordered the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 which is out for delivery right now:cool:.Good luck.
What rev is your board?

Last edited:
Looking through neweggs reviews it seems that a few guys are using the CNPS 9500.But its on a rev 2.0 board

=========================================================================================================================

goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif sweet board

Pros: got a 2.1, this is a pretty solid board, all the right connectors, loaded with plenty of accessories, good quality SATA cables, clean BIOS, Board layout is good, Zalman 9500 fits with no problem, running Q6600 G0 42c all fans on very low

Cons: port cluster backplate could be better, mine barely fit

Other Thoughts: Overall a very solid board, all the features you need, with some to spare, and nothing thatll get in your way

========================================================================================================================
goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif goldegg.gif Well designed and it blends.

Pros: Sent rev 2.1 means you add the downloadable DES software and you have a GA-EP35-DS4. Well laid out connections, slots, pipe and components. SATA's and memory clips do no get blocked by long video card in 1st PCIe slot. This is not a mobo you would want to Crossfire anyway since 2nd PCIe is x4 electrical. ICH9R RAID and Gigabyte RAID controllers. Connections o' plenty and I have found nothing in the way of something else. Copper Silent-Pipe looks great and seems to work well. Pretty good on board audio for my HTPC needs, no need for me to get expansion sound card. Very good overclocking board, auto voltage works well. @BioS worked well as I had to go F11 due to E8400. Exactly what I researched for and got.

Cons: No Gigabyte forums on website, what better place for discussions to happen. Notice cold boot Off/On behavior. It only started this after overclocking. I turn it On, runs for a second, turns Off, then fires up and runs well. Only cold boot and only overclocked. What better place to discuss this than a Gigabyte forum. Gigabyte makes up for this by having friendly customer support, I called once and was holding for less than 30 seconds. Using second PCIe x16 (x4 electrical) will cut off your PCIe x1 slots, I knew this by reading the manual before purchase, but it's worth mentioning for other buyers.

Other Thoughts: I have found better memory benchmarks using slots 2 and 4. I have easily overclocked my E8400 on this past 4GHz, but memory timings get sloppy around 4.2GHz and I can't tighten without instability. I don't find it necessary anyway as I think it runs most efficient and cool at mobo's designed specs. I have my CPU at 3.6GHz, 1600MHz FSB and 1200MHz OCZ w/ 5-5-5-15 at 2.19v. I haven't even toyed with the 8800GT's clock yet and I score 12857 on 3DMark06 and can run NFS: Pro Street with all effects On/High/4x Anti in 1920x1080res on a 46" LCD TV butter smooth. My CPU doesn't get above 33C, Mobo 44C and VGA 56C. I have a really good air cooled design. E8400 w/ Zalman CNPS9500, GA-P35-DS4 rev 2.1, eVGA 8800GT SuperClocked, 2GB OCZ (OCZ2N1066SR2GK), 150GB Raptor X holding XP, 2x500GB RAID0 holding programs and media. Future expansion of RAID and Vista will be excellent.

Back