• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help w/ MBM 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD900*

Registered
ok, mobo monitor 5 is showing three temps i know the first is my mobo but the other two i just dont know the second one is showing 36c and is stable the other is from 28c to 36 so which is my cpu and the other what temp is it showing?

well ,one is your system chipset temp ,the other could be your power supply,I had a motherboard that read the power supply temps too,also it could just be reading your cpu temp a second time.

wildone

mbm5

the lower temp is most likely your ambient case temperature, while the higher one is probably your CPU temp. Also, make sure to activate the CPU usage meter in MBM5 so you can see how busy your CPU is.

If you can find them, there are some other little progs that work with MBM5... one I got is called Vhalt (it came zipped along with one called Fanspeed which I haven't been able to use). Vhalt forces the CPU to stop working when it's got nothing to work on. Sort of makes it go idle. Another good one is shutdown!, which shutsdown the computer if a temperature, voltage, or fan gets too far out of spec.

Back