• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the Asus P5N-E SLI really that bad...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznsound

i have the Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard... it seems like a lot of users on the Newegg reviews do not like this motherboard... i have to admit, the motherboard is very picky with memory and mine would not hold a stable Windows on "auto" settings... but once i adjusted the memory timings and voltage manually, (according to manufacturer's specs) the motherboard has not crashed since...

i'm wondering if all the bad reviews are just cases of not knowing how to set the memory properly or if there really is something wrong with this motherboard...

the only thing i don't like about this motherboard is its inability to set fan speed on any fan with a maximum speed of less than 4,000rpm... this is ok when small and noisy CPU fans were the norm... but not today when most aftermarket coolers come with an 80-120mm slow spinning fans...

I'm pretty satisfied with mine, and you should always take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt.

I figured setting memory timings would be normal behavior when building one's own computer, but I guess I underestimate the amount of people that try to "plug n play" and call themselves PC builders or enthusiasts. And that's not a shot at you in any way, just thinking over all the Newegg reviews I've read over time.

I think someone should start a thread where we can post any Newegg review-nuggets of idiocy we find for our enjoyment.

Back