• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you run 3 mon with 2 vid cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghettogeddy

i have 2 evga 7600gt's running to 2 samsung 941bws in dvi im trying to add a 27 sansui tv with component cables how to i get this set up to work

I doubt they will have the power to do all that...
Huh??? That is 4 monitor outputs, he is doing 3...

OP: The cards should have a "breakout cable" that split the output into component. You will have to check what version you have as some just have an svideo out.

Huh??? That is 4 monitor outputs, he is doing 3...

OP: The cards should have a "breakout cable" that split the output into component. You will have to check what version you have as some just have an svideo out.

i have one hooked up tot he tv but i get just lines and such and now my desktops are all out of wack lol
i have one of the adpters hooked up
ive tried 2 dif ones at that
this is what a print screen looks like
3mon.jpg

but in my view the tv mon is just a bunch of lines
you can kinda make out whats on there but nothing difinitive

plug in component adapter, plug in tv, turn tv on, reboot computer

make sure you plug in the component cable into the card with only 1 monitor

with a single card, you can not use both DVI's and the adapter out at the same time, one card can only run 2 outputs.

plug in component adapter, plug in tv, turn tv on, reboot computer

make sure you plug in the component cable into the card with only 1 monitor

with a single card, you can not use both DVI's and the adapter out at the same time, one card can only run 2 outputs.

ok so my top card has both dvis and my bottom has the adapter i can somewhat make out whats on the tv but its got 10 vertical porple and green dots scrolling upwards

ok so my top card has both dvis and my bottom has the adapter i can somewhat make out whats on the tv but its got 10 vertical porple and green dots scrolling upwards

sounds like you got some a ground loop problem... Try plugging the computer into the same power strip as the tv... if it already is then dunno what to tell you.

Does the TV have DVI , HDMI, or vga inputs. because that would be much better than component, also try to keep the component rca cables away from any power lines (at least 16-18 inches if you need to run parallel runs) and if you must cross, cross at 90* angles.

BTW... fallen pimp strikes again with nonsence. :rolleyes:

sounds like you got some a ground loop problem... Try plugging the computer into the same power strip as the tv... if it already is then dunno what to tell you.

Does the TV have DVI , HDMI, or vga inputs. because that would be much better than component, also try to keep the component rca cables away from any power lines (at least 16-18 inches if you need to run parallel runs) and if you must cross, cross at 90* angles.

BTW... fallen pimp strikes again with nonsence. :rolleyes:

ya there both pluged into the same out let
and ive tried my ps2 in component on the tv and it works fine with the wirs running the same why they are if im hooked to the pc so i know im not getting any feedback from a power source

:::choke! cough! choke!:::

whats that sound?

i think its your case wishing it could breath....

cut out those restrictive grills back there on your exhaust fans

Dude...lol @ your grills...bust out the dremel, take the fans off, and remove the grills. Are you even getting ANY airflow with those grills?

my cooling is fine i run at about 100 degrees all the time
both front and back fans run air inside and my side fan runs the air out
and the psu has 2 fans as well one suck air out and blows itout the back

now my mobo has a jumper set that turns the sli on do i need to turn these off to get this to work
also the sli bridge be a complication

ya there both pluged into the same out let
and ive tried my ps2 in component on the tv and it works fine with the wirs running the same why they are if im hooked to the pc so i know im not getting any feedback from a power source

hmm.... do you have the latest nvidia drivers? and have properly set the resolution in the nvidia control pannel?

as for SLI dont turn it on... as with SLI you can only run one monitor.

i know you can only run sli with one display
im currently using 2 19"lcds but when i connect the component caqble to the 2nd i get distortion

Back