• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie joined team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marineman

Registered
Hey all, I'm new to the forums in general and new to team 32 as a folder. I'm using my backup rig to fold for now until I get the new one squared away a little more.

Backup is an Athlon XP2400 with 1GB SD-ram. It's running stock speed for now but I had it up to 2.16 the other night but got nervous because I've never OC'd anything before so I reset defaults and figured I'd read more first. I was using the graphic client earlier and got 1 wu done that took forever to do, like 4 days straight or something.

I just installed the text version tonight so hopefully I did it right. Just download, double click the file then I put in my username and team 32 and said no to advanced options and should be good to go right?

Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to spanking the monkey with you guys on cinco de mayo, I'll try to get my newer rig running 2 more clients by then too.

You should be good at how you set it up.

I'd say use the 5.04 version (Windows right?)
let it run.

Get the 5.04 Console version.
Not sure if the Graphical has the bugs worked out yet.

You'll be fine with that for now.

:welcome: :)

Glad to have you on the Team.

Thanks for the answer, I'll let it be then, only other thing I use the spare for is browsing the net while my other comp is busy. My first wu finally posted to the site and it's 343 points, I don't know if that's good or bad considering how long it took but oh well. Now I've got a smaller one that's only like 3 hours to complete so maybe I'll start tearing through them.

Welcome to the team...

Most of use fold for the cause not for the point's.

To help the cures.

Have a nice stay... so your in for the chimp challange :D

:welcome: marineman!

If you're using the console or service version, you'll really like this free utility:http://fahman.net/
Edit: make that: fahmon.net, sorry.

Gives you all kinds of info after it's run a bit.

The Work Units are no simple matter to finish, generally. I'm quite certain Folding@Home has been responsible for many hardware upgrades, just for that reason.

The big help is running the SMP client, on a dual or quad core cpu system. Deadlines are short (typically 3 or 4 days), and it takes a good deal of computing power to finish them on time.

But they are s-w-e-e-t otherwise. :)

Last edited:
:beer::welcome: marineman !
thats the same for my backup & got it clocked yo 2.1 also using the 504 client doesnt fold fast but it works :D its the folding that counts anyways !

OOoooouuuuuuHHhhhaaaaarrrrraaaaaaaaaa :beer:

Back