• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need more power!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sarsbaby

Disabled
Yes, I need more power and I need help doing so.

I am running out of power connections and power. I need another PSU for some other things...

1. 12v Water pump
2. 4x140cfm Delta fans
3. 1x190cfm Delta fan

I need this PSU to turn on when I power on my PC. Is there any way of doing this and how much power am I going to need? It's all going to be molex connectors.

Do I need to make a power button and splice it in somewhere? I need to turn it on first, and then my PC, and then off after my PC shuts down. That way I don't have to worry about syncing it EXACTLY.

I appreciate any help or push in the right direction. Thanks!

If you can't fit in another PSU something like a internel GPU PSU could be modified into molex's

If you can't fit in another PSU something like a internel GPU PSU could be modified into molex's

You seem pretty on the ball about things James. No offense deadlysyn, I've looked through that sticky. I'm lazy, i'm not gonna lie, and don't know where my problem has been covered in that sticky.

It's not so much about room, I would run it externaly with the propper protection so I don't burn my house down. I just wanna know how to have one plugged in and able to turn on without a command from a Mobo to turn on, like a switch or something. I'm not going to use the 24 pin or main cpu 5v, just the molex plugs. I just need it to be ON.

If someone says " Put a toggle switch between this pin and this pin on the 24 pin plug..." I'll understand. I'm thinking it has to be that simple. I meen the Mobo just sends a signal to the psu to turn on and then the mobo and psu distribute power etc...

Ok, apologies deadlysyn, I un-lazy'ed myself and found the solution in that sticky. Pin 14 and a ground should keep it on or I can install a switch.

Thaks to everyone for dealing with my ignorance. :)

Last edited:
Back