• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommended voltage for q6600 oc to 1333 & 3.0ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

I just wanted some voltage recommendations for my GO q6600 fsb 1333 @ 3.0ghz??? I am running the stock cooler for now. I just want to help keep my temps down by not giving the cpu more voltage than it really needs for what it is at. I had it at 1.32 running stable for a few weeks. I just lowered it to 1.28 and all seems well. Is there a good way to test stability as you lower the voltage? I am a little new to this fine tuning thing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even try bumping up the voltage at all, if you are only trying to go 3.0 GHz. My Q6600 went all the way to 3.2 before I had to take it off the auto setting in bios for vcore. For stability testing, I use the latest version of Prime95, which will automatically start 4 worker threads when running the torture test.

I dont know what the stock factory voltage is. I looked on newegg and the specs ranged from .85 to 1.5. Good luck figuring that out. Na I am not trying to overvolt it. I just want to drop the voltage as low as it can go with the settings I am at and still have full performance and stability at the 1333fsb @3ghz. no point in throwing more voltage at it than it needs.

IT says right on the box what default voltage is (VID)

ranges from about 1.2 - 1.35

eDIT: oh cpuz will also tell you VID... if you cant find the box.

Vid is only displayed as far as i have seen with coretemp. sometimes CPUZ does show the vid, where the actually voltage should be displaying. the only thing the box will tell you is max voltage is 1.35v.

1.1625 is an awesome VID you must have a great cool running chip :)

And thank Evilsizer, I meant coretemp to show VID, CPUZ shows vcore after vdrop/vdroop :)

Mine doesn't need any more voltage to OC to 3.0 Ghz.

You can keep the stock voltage and keep increasing the speed to see how high you can go. 1.325 is nothing for these chips.

My box says 1.35V Max
Nothing about VID
Coretemp shows 1.1625 VID at IDLE and 1.325 at Load with a VCore in BIOS of 1.4

as far as I know coretemp doesn't show an idle/load VID, it just shows the chip's default VID and that doesn't change between idle and load. Vcore you can see with cpu-z and that changes with idle/load.

most people hit 3.0Ghz with the stock voltage.

Back