• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cool A Amd Athalon XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMixtureMedia

Registered
Hi there I am wanting water cool my athalon xp cpu and need to get a cpu water block that would work with the type of board i have could anyone help??

Im not sure what socket just know its a ECS and a Athalon XP 1600+ OC to 2000+ running at around 62C and I want to water cool it.

Im not sure what socket just know its a ECS and a Athalon XP 1600+ OC to 2000+ running at around 62C and I want to water cool it.
Instead of just jumping into watercooling, you should look at other options.

1. Clean your computer, dust does not help cooling
2. Reseat your heatsink with new paste
3. Get aftermarket cooling

I have done that it is as clean as i can get it and good clean wireing and a thermaltake heat shink and its still really hot so like i said next step water cooling but I am not sure what cpu water block to use.

I have done that it is as clean as i can get it and good clean wireing and a thermaltake heat shink and its still really hot so like i said next step water cooling but I am not sure what cpu water block to use.

Justifying the cost of watercooling such an old chip will be hard to do. Look into a new, better heatsink, that will fit socket A.

Edit, gangaskan's got it. The SI-97 is very nice.

Last edited:

what kind of TT heatsink? you mght want to invest in something else, for example, a ThermalRight Xp-90 or something similar

edit : durrr the xp-90 dosent fit SocketA try a SI-97

I would suggest at least reading the stickies and quite a few threads on watercooling.

Can you show us what the bottom of the heatsink looks like if you were to remove it right now? I would like to see how you applied the paste.

Temps should not be that high.

those chips ran a bit hot, used to water cool one a long time ago, may need to find an old maze or maze2 if you really want to water cool. But with a chip that old it's prolly on it's last legs, good little chip tho, I would upgrade to am2 before watercooling, by the time you paid for all the stuff you could get something 20x faster for about the same price or less, I'll look at home at see if I have any of my old stuff still.

Back