• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP will not show camera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

When I plug my camera in at home screen pops up to see what I want to do with pics. The computer at work shows camera in Safely remove area but I can not find it on computer to download pics. It is also running XP?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a webcam (I need to get some sleep).

From what I understand, the camera is recognized but it doesn't appear as a drive letter in My Computer. Right?

You could try going to 'Administrative Tools' -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management and see if you can manually assign a drive letter to the camera...

I see it in removable media, but can not get it to show in my computer so I can open it.

When you say you see it in removable media, you mean on the 'safely remove hardware' thing on the taskbar, right? It doesn't show up anywhere on my computer?

Then for some reason Windows doesn't assign it a drive letter.

Try to manually assign it a drive letter through Disk Management in Admin. Tools. as described above ;)

Comp Management, Removable storage is where I see it. No way to assign any Drive letter. Says it is not mounted, whatever that is.

Right click the device and see if it will mount. Also check in that Computer Management screen and see if XP can identify the partition type. XP must see the partition in order to mount it.

Z

Back