• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new memory: Ballistix failing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acurax

It appears that my Crucial Ballistix PC2 8500 memory sticks are failing me, so I am looking for new stuff. I'm looking at 2x2GB sets now, notably:

G.Skill DDR2 1000: F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145

Does anyone have experience with these on an Asus P5K Deluxe (P35)? I've read that they like a higher trfc setting (48), but the P5K max is 42...

Otherwise I was looking at these:

OCZ Reaper DDR2 800: OCZ2RPR800C44GK
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267

Obviously, the MIR is a negative, and now they are out of stock.

Any advice/suggestions?

My Ballistix Tracers are failing me too, and I just bought a pair of those Reapers too. Check the PC2-8500 model of that one. It has an MIR also. But if your kinda tight on budget I'd just get the G Skills that you posted

Shell out a little bit more money than something faster than 800mhz. I didn't and now wish I did. I feel my memory is holding me back, but to cheap to buy another 4gb of memory just because it's faster =(

What are your ballistix doing that make you think they are failing? About a month ago i sent my ballistix pc8500 back because i to thought they were starting to go. On reboots and startups i would get the memory beep and would have to mess around with the sticks to get it going again. Well when i got the new ones back the same frickin thing started to happen again. Needless to say i was really ****ed off at this point. So i tried some different ballistix that i knew for sure were good that i was running in my other p5k premium. What do you think happened next. Well they to were doing the same memory beep **** so i knew that they were not the root of my problem. I took the new sticks of ballistix and put them in my second rig and everything was hunky dory. I ran memtest for hours on them and no errors whatsoever. That board has been doing that right from the start so needless to say its all packed up and ready for an rma as soon as i get a chance to do it. I hope the one i get back runs as good as the other one i have that one hasn't given me any problems at all. Im just glad that when i rmad my ram i got back the same double sided ones i sent back.:bang head

Back