• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme Cooling Setups - Pic Thread (LN2/DIce/Phase/ect.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Hey all - Lets get a thread going with pics of all your Extreme Cooling setups .. (There's an air and water cooling pic thread so why not an Extreme one :p).

So post up any and all images of your PCs under LN2/DIce/Phase gear/Water Chillers .. Anything that's keeps your gear extra chilly .. Pics of bench sessions (+ results) are good too ..

Also if you have any tips or lessons learnt then post them as well .. For 1, I've only benched proper (DIce then LN2) once so I could do with learning some .. And I'm sure there are lots of people on here that would love to give these extreme methods a go ..

Cheers :beer:

I've just made a purchase of a 7k btu air con which i shal be modding in the near future and I'll be sure to throw some pics up here.

cant wait to see peoples frosty pics. subscribed

When I've benched with LN2 everything close to the CPU socket has started freezing over .. The board was completely insulated so it was all OK but I mean the area up to the NB was covered with frost .. The nitrogen coming off the pot also brought the air temp down a hell of a lot .. I would have just thought it was a little risky using water in the tubes .. With a bit of anti-freeze probably not but yeh .. lol

As long as you have a good high flow rate pump, you're pretty good. It takes a -****ton- of cold to freeze high pressure high flow water. It's been years since my fluid mechanics class, but you would essentially need to dump LN2 over the tubes to get it to freeze. Tl;dr, molecular structure of highly moving water is too entropic to form a crystal state.

Where could one acquire a Mousepot? I've been contemplating the plunge int extreme cooling.. I have access to free LN2. My roadblock has been the allocation of a copper cup with mount. I know they're out there, who sells them?

Where could one acquire a Mousepot? I've been contemplating the plunge int extreme cooling.. I have access to free LN2. My roadblock has been the allocation of a copper cup with mount. I know they're out there, who sells them?

take a look over at the XS forum. they always have pots in the classies or you can usually ask someone to make one for you.

some frost on my soon to be water chiller. updated
frost2.jpg

Last edited:
How about "moving pictures" :)

QX9650/F1EE on LN2
8800 Ultra/Tek9 3.0 on LN2

I'm testing my 9800GX2 on LN2 this week, the cpu is on air for now.
But I'll make a wee vid when I have both on LN2.

img0594hj3.jpg

how long does a pour of LN2 last, once you pour it into your pipe, how long do you uave till you need to add more or something?

Back