• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for a 680i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zagi

Hey people.... my 680i decided to quit on me. Probably not a bad thing, never ran well anyway. But what to replace it with? I need something that will run SLI so I had been looking at the 780i.

But from what I hear, the 780i doesnt really overclock any better than the 680i. True? Is there anything else out there to choose from? Anything good coming soon that I dont know of? I would LIKE to stick with my ddr2 for now, just to much money for ddr3.

Last edited:
if your looking to match your current oc you wont have any problems with the 780i.450fsb with a quad is the norm from what ive seen.altho for a solid ocing sli mb i would take a look at the evga 750i ftw board.clocks very well and is a lot cheaper than the 780i.
on the otherhand if you haggle with evga cs(very solid)they may allow you to upgrade your 680i.its worth a try at least ;)

750i, like max said call EVGA CS, they may just charge you the MSRP price difference...

One question about the 750i... Are the Pci-e lanes closer together than they were on the 680i? On the 680i there are 3 expansion slots between the primary lanes. On the 750i, theres only two.

The reason I ask is, I was planning on installing the AC X8800 heatsinks on my cards. With less room I dont think they would fit.

Back