• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8400 and GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gurka

Hello

Just got my new mobo and cpu yesterday. I installed everything and tried to start it. The fans start spinning for a few seconds, then everything goes dead. Then the fans starts spinning again, and the dead. Over and over again.

Can it because I need to update the BIOS on my new mobo? or should it be able to boot anyway? I don´t get anything on my screen, so I guess the BIOS aren´t even loading.. :s

If I remove the CPU and try to start it the fans are spinning like the should, but still nothing on the monitor. But I guess it is because there is no CPU..
Should the CPU Fan start to work right after you have started the computer? Because it aint running. =/ What can be the problem?

Thats a new revision of the board many of us use and it should be Penryn/Wolfdale ready.
Clear CMOS with the red jumper, power off (it uses the battery to clear it).
When you inserted the CPU did you check that nothing was in the pins nor the back of the CPUs pads.

Pull all but one RAM stick and see if you can get to BIOS.
----
Still no luck?
The 12V power connector, Is it getting power. If you have an extra PSU, power just the board and the video card just to be sure it's not a PSU issue. You can boot the CPU into CMOS even with a 250 Watt PSU for getting to BIOS.

Just got my new mobo and cpu yesterday. I installed everything and tried to start it. The fans start spinning for a few seconds, then everything goes dead. Then the fans starts spinning again, and the dead. Over and over again.
That is the BIOS. You will need to update to get support for the 45nms. Drop in a supported CPU, flash and then reinstall your E8400.

That is strange, because the mobo says "45nm Optimized". On the other hand.. i just installed my brothers 755 CPU, and it now works. I´m going to install Windows and update the BIOS then try my own CPU again.

What the hell?!

So, I changed the CPU and it worked fined. I started to installed Windows, then went to eat dinner. When I came back i had BSOD. So I rebooted the computer and it did EXACLY the things it did with the E8400. (The fans spinned for some seconds, the dead.).

I removed all the RAM's but one, and now its booting up again. It is the RAM's fault? If it is the RAM's. Why did it boot up with 4 RAM's and the old CPU, but not with 4 RAM's and the E8400?!

Gah, this is getting wierder and wiereder. :S

What voltage do you have set for the memory?
IIRC, Gigabyte defaults to 1.8v and many types require more.

What about your PSU what is it, i had the same problem it would not boot because of old PSU

My rev 2.1 will enter that reboot mode sometimes if it fails overclocking - I have to turn it off with the PSU power switch to get it to stop, although I can usually get into the BIOS the next time I power on. Check the voltages and make sure everything is correct.

You should get better RAM. JMO.

Those are good, I have 4gb's of 'em sitting around. I found that my Kingstons are mucho better.

And if you are using XP, get x64.

Is your sig your stable settings?

Back