• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Rocks!!! Find out why...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic Dawg

Most people here already know Newegg rocks, but if you want proof, read on...

I helped a friend build a new system based on an Abit IP35 Pro. Most of the components, including the motherboard, came from Newegg. Everything went together great and the system appeared to work flawlessly. However, after about a week, my friend discovered the right channel audio output located on the ATX I/O did not work. This was a huge bummer because my friend couldn't afford any down time on his new system. He considered just living with the problem because the front side audio worked fine. However, you know how it is when you buy a new system... You paid your hard earned cash and you want it to work right. There were several issues with getting this problem resolved:

1. Newegg does not do advance RMAs / cross shipments.

2. My friend had already sent in his mail-in-rebate for the Abit IP35 Pro motherboard. From my understanding, it is Newegg's policy that once you send in the mail-in-rebate, you must deal with the manufacturer.

3. We could have done an advance RMA / cross ship with Abit. It would have cost us one way shipping plus $7. We would have most likely ended up with a motherboard from Abit's refurb pool. While there may be nothing wrong with that, it's the principle: You paid for a new motherboard, you want a new motherboard.
Looking for advice, I turned to OC Forums. (Which also rocks! But you already knew that...) You can >click here< to see my original thread. To my surprise, a representative from Newegg responded! Maybe I'm the last to know, but I didn't realize Newegg had reps monitoring OC Forums. He posted his contact information and asked me to call him.

The next day I called Newegg and they completely took care of us! They took the time to understand our situation and were willing to be flexible with their RMA policy. The end result was a full RMA refund with no cost to my friend! (not even shipping) This allowed him to purchase a new motherboard, install it and return the defective motherboard to Newegg. He got a brand new motherboard and had the least amount of down time possible. (about 30 minutes to swap the motherboard) My friend was completely satisfied by Newegg's service. So to sum up why Newegg rocks:

1. Newegg took the time to understand our problem.

2. Newegg was flexible with their policies in order to satisfy a customer.

3. Newegg has reps that read OC Forums!!!
NEWEGG, YOU ROCK!!!

Thermalright lists Newegg.com as a reseller on their website. Interesting... I wonder if there was some sort of falling out?? It's OK though... I like going with the "little guys" for heatsinks, fans, thermal paste, etc. The "little guys" are usually cheaper for that stuff anyway...

thermalrightresellers.jpg

I gotta give props to the peeps at Petra's for sinks/fans/WCing gear. EXTREMELY knowledgable, very willing to help and ship just insanely fast.

Back