• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gpu waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxspam

looking for the best block out there for the 8800gt.
I have a massive pump so water restriction is a non issue and my rad is quite large as well. There are so many blocks out on the market today its almost impossible to weed out the bad from the good :bang head

Last edited:
Do you want a full coverage block?

Which 8800GT? G80 or G92?

I would recommend a GPU-only block and get heatsinks for the vram and voltage regulators. This way you can reuse the block for your next card.

I use the swiftech MCW60 with the heatsinks (PITA to stick on to ram, though). I am very happy with the performance.

i am looking for a full coverage block for the g92 version

I recommend the blastflow full coverage block, it is modular so you don't have to buy new blocks, just plates, when you upgrade, and performs within 1 to 2c of a gpu only block.

I would go with the EK blocks, best full cover blocks out. I have one on my 9800GTX and I get as low as 34c idle and 38c load (basically the same card as the 8800GTS, and a very close cousin to the 8800GT, main bit of the WB is the same, just the power MOSFET piece is different) .
Dan

I would go with the EK blocks, best full cover blocks out. I have one on my 9800GTX and I get as low as 34c idle and 38c load (basically the same card as the 8800GTS, and a very close cousin to the 8800GT, main bit of the WB is the same, just the power MOSFET piece is different) .
Dan

blastflow beat the ek blocks in temps, full coverage blocks usually have higher temps than a gpu only block yet the blastflow nearly matches the best of the gpu only blocks, plus you can upgrade it for about 20 bucks when you upgrade cards, instead of paying another 120+ for another full coverage block. IMHO blastflow is the only way to go if you want full coverage.

blastflow beat the ek blocks in temps, full coverage blocks usually have higher temps than a gpu only block yet the blastflow nearly matches the best of the gpu only blocks, plus you can upgrade it for about 20 bucks when you upgrade cards, instead of paying another 120+ for another full coverage block. IMHO blastflow is the only way to go if you want full coverage.

I have looked at the blastflow blocks, and they do look rather good. Being modular helps as well. The only real problem I see is avalability in the US. The EK blocks have always tested very close to the mcw60, and I'm very happy with my temps, so I recomend it to someone looking for a quality full cover block.
Dan

Primochill.com is the us seller and usually always has em in stock. EK is a great block and Eddy did a great job on em, but to me they're a waste of money, spend all of that money and as soon as you upgrade your card it's render useless, and bigger badder cards come out every 6 months at least.

Primochill.com is the us seller and usually always has em in stock. EK is a great block and Eddy did a great job on em, but to me they're a waste of money, spend all of that money and as soon as you upgrade your card it's render useless, and bigger badder cards come out every 6 months at least.

The only one on the site is for the 8800GTX, but I guess if you call them they have more.

It's true about when you replace the card, however I plan on putting this card in a WC HTPC when I'm done with it, so the block will be used for the life of the card. Simply depends on your intended use.
Dan

Back