• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose drives for Raid0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have been thinking about setting up a Raid0 array, probably a Matrix setup. I currently run my o/s and games on my Raptor with all other apps and storage on a 320g 7200.10. I was thinking along the lines or 2 new 320's using Matrix and setting 2 arrays, the first about 100g and the balance on the second. Not sure yet of if the second would be Raid0 or Raid1. I would still have my other drives for backup so Raid1 isn't a necessity. I have beening reading alot about todays drives and I settled on the 320 size to have a single platter. Now my hangup is which drive. I have liked my 7200.10 but it seems that people are having problems with them. The WD Caviar seems to be well liked also. But I am also looking at the Samsung as it is also highly rated and seems to be the fastest of them. I also was thinking of maybe 2 of the Samsung 500g F1's as they are even faster but are 2 platters. Or maybe I should just get another 74g Raptor and Raid0 those instead. As you can see, I am really perplexed :bang head. Any input and guidance would be helpful at this point :screwy:

Back