• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for 750i FTW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

What waterblocks can I mount on the northbridge for an EVGA 750i FTW?

The current proposed loop (building now) is as follows.

EK res -> D5 vario -> MCR220 -> EK FC8800 G92 #1-> EK FC8800 G92 #2-> PA 120.3 -> FuZion V1 -> complete the loop back to the EK res.

Id love to water cool that 750i northbridge too.

What blocks will fit on there? I am told a swiftech MCW30 will fit but I have also been told that its not a great block. Any other suggestions?

Can the pump handle another block in addition to everything I have in there? Any other issues anyone sees with my proposed loop?

Thanks!

Whoever does wc the NB on the 750i could you please post some pics.

Well I have been given the info that the EK 780i northbridge block will fit the 750i FTW.

As an aside, here is a mockup of what I am planning.

Any suggestions are welcomed as always.

NewLoop-1.png

That's a lot for one pump. Are you running your D-tek fusion stock or do you have the accelerator nozzles?

Errr WTH happened to my reply? LOL....

Anyhow...I spoke with Martin directly (I assume everyone knows Martin?) and even added a mosfet block, and according to him I wont have any flow issues so long as I dont use any nozzles with the Fuzion.

WITH the nozzles, there could be flow issues. Without nozzles, should be a-ok.

I guess the proof is in the pudding though :D

Ill have this puppy all put together and getting some prelim benching/setup stuff before the end of this weekend.

On the previous case this system was in, with the X3220 at same OC and a single 8800 GTS (1.4v 900/forget the shader/1150) I was at 55/55/52/52 on the CPU, and max of I think 45ish on the GPU.

Of couse that was with a PA 120.3 for CPU only and a PA 120.3 for GPU only ( i was anticipating upgrades within that case but changed plans obviously) with both externally mounted so..... I guess I have a goal to shoot for :)

PS - said CPU temps were with the o-ring and quad accelerator nozzle.

Back