• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new achillies S1284 VERSION 2 (yes its new)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

I just got it off the fedex truck 5 minutes ago, and i snapped two pictures for you of the different bases, expect to see performance #'s this week of these two heatsinks along with the TRUE black, among other top performers.

321fac476b661eb79523ca2e6e55b4b4.jpg

210d54e8fb15e554ca0209a829de322c.jpg

yes thats right, the spacing on the base is smaller, and the heatpipes are now fully copper for better heat transfer, i havent opened them yet for better shots, but you will hear more from me this week. 🆙

That is a considerable difference...

It looks like the shaved portions are bigger as well than the original

Last edited:
BINGO. That looks like the improvement they needed. The staggering scares me though. It appears as though they are cutting it close.
Looks like that's on purpose...can we get shots of the fins?

Looks like that's on purpose...can we get shots of the fins?

All will be done this week ;) i have a bunch of coolers to compare against each other, including the TRUE black edition

I mean will you be testing on both an AM2 testbed and an LGA775. As an AM2 CPU's IHS is slightly larger and may make contact with all four heatpipes.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Xigmatek licenses the design to other companies. Thats why Kingwin, OCZ and others have this type of HS now.

everyone has this design now, even zaward of all companys lol, HDT is the way of the future my friends.

everyone has this design now, even zaward of all companys lol, HDT is the way of the future my friends.

OK, so why pay more for the Xigmatek? Is it a better cooler for the price? I'm not trying to start something I seriously want to know b/c I want to replace my OEM HS/Fan.

looks great, but the mounting :(

even though they have an optional bolt through kit, I think that every 3rd party cpu cooler should come with a bolt through kit standard, I've lost count how many scythe mugen's(infinity) came loose either during shipment or after a few months with the customer...

Back