• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIDNYTE

If someone can help me please.

This is my setup

Antec1200 Case
Antec 850 quattro true power
asus pb5-e motherboard
M audio 7.1 sound card
Corsair 4 gb RAM 2 x 2gb kit
Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 CPU
Western Digital hard drives running in raid
XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition Graphics card

Heres my problem.
My graphics card is new. Upon installing I found that i had trouble running games at all. It just wanted to lag BAD and Crash. I did some digging and found some info. Adjusted some of my bios settings and now i can run the games. still lags but doesnt crash and cant max out the graphics.

this is applying to all my games
Assasins Creed
Call of Duty 4
Battlefield 2142

What I need to know is what would be the best bios settings to run this graphics card? Is it the Card or the other hardware on the pc. I am only just getting the hang of using good components and overclocking. Should i upgrade my Motherboard as well? Has anyone else had this problem? I am pulling out my hair with this one as I would really like to get in a good gaming sesion with my new card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

:welcome: to the forums.

Generally, the system bios settings do not affect graphics performance like that, unless its unstable. Are you OCing the system? If you are, then you may want to check if its stable.

When you installed the card, did you remove the old drivers and re-install them?

I am using the driver that comes with the card. Yes I did remove the old drivers. Thanks for the link I am now downloading the 175.16. The System is not overclocked as I am not confident enough to do that yet. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers

Thanks. That driver download helped allot. I Installed the drive cd thinking that since it came with the card it would be the best driver for the card. Now with the new driver I downloaded, I just maxed out the graphics settings and not a problem! Totally Stoked! Overclockers forum is on my favs you guys answerd quick and solved my problem. Thanks for all the help. I am just a little bit dissapionted with myself for not realizing it would be such a simple problem. Thanks again.

Back