• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

My borther has one, its about two years old now. It will only play PS1 and PS2 games, but not ps3. Any ideas ?

Try downloading a demo off Playstation Store, the hardware in the disc drive could be nakard if the game off Playstation Store works.

If it's just one PS3 game, but others work, suspect the disk.

If all (or many) PS3 disks don't work, but you can get it to play a PS3 game off the HDD (like a demo), then suspect the Blu-ray drive.

If PS3 games won't work off the HDD either, then suspect some other kind of issue (probably hardware.)

Sounds like what I went through with my PS3 BD drive, except mine would have issues loading DVDs at times too.

If it is the drive, then it would probably cost around $150 for Sony to fix it.

nah its a real ps3, he has had it for 2 years and has played ps3 games on it before, now none work. I'll tell him about the demo thiong though

nah its a real ps3, he has had it for 2 years and has played ps3 games on it before, now none work. I'll tell him about the demo thiong though

The demo "thing" or the demo "thong"?
Don't forget to play the thong song while you are at it.

Back