• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost Receip - What do you do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrTurd Ferguson

I bought an EVGA -Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS from the local Best Buy.

The card smells like it's burning and has artifacts on the screen. I applied for an RMA from EVGA and they need the receipt to replace/repair the item. Well I can't find it, so what do I do now? I've sent several messages to and from EVGA about this and the last answer was they needed a receipt.

Is there a way to get a receipt from Best Buy if you paid cash for an item and lost your receipt? What recourse do I have to get this straight. I just want to get my card fixed...not even asking for an upgrade or anything from them.

Thanks

If you paid cash from BB, unfortunately there is no way to recover a receipt. If you paid with credit/debit you could :(

So basically then I'm out my cash...got a card that is worthless...and I'm gonna have to buy another card? That sucks. Maybe I'll send the company another email and see if they'll take pity on me...

So basically then I'm out my cash...got a card that is worthless...and I'm gonna have to buy another card? That sucks. Maybe I'll send the company another email and see if they'll take pity on me...

I've heard of people getting taken care of by EVGA even without a receipt. I think the key is to call and speak to a live person. It's easier to reason with them that way. If you explain that you'd like to remain a loyal EVGA customer, but wouldn't be able to guarantee it unless they make an exception for you...well, that might work. That's somewhat of a passive agressive approach, but it may get you a new card. Just remember to keep your receipt next time! :beer:

Back