• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this setup going to work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keku

Registered
I'm building a new rig, but I need to know if my current PSU will support it. It seems like it will, but I just want to double check so I don't have to buy another one.

My current PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 430 Watts (currently discontinued) It has 17 amps per each 12V rail.
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=22430

My new stuff:

9800 GTX+
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000
Mobo
2 Sticks of 1 gig ram
1 HDD
2 Optical Drives

I'm not planning on overclocking these either. So, will it work?

If the power supply is old, which is what I am assuming this it is discontinued, I would replace it for something newer.

Here's my advice to you and I know what you're thinking because I'm going through the exact same thing. I just got a new system like yours and the PSU I got for it died and I have my old OCZ Modstream 450W in it right now and yes it powers on and works. Here is the thing though I am looking for a new PSU because if your Power supply dies it can muff your whole system up I mean just fry everything! Even though it might support it if you don't get a new one soon you're on that line of asking for something bad to happen to you. Hope this has helped.

Back