• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your 9800GX2 temps? Mine seem way too high!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satsumomo

Idles at 70ºC and goes above 85ºC under load!

This is with the default fan speed of around 50%, I have since then upped it, but it's still way too high!

This is my case setup, I don't think I really have an airflow problem there?

Or is this just normal 9800GX2 territory?

This is just 9800gx2 territory from what I understand. Mine is at 83 (63% fan) with two folding clients running on it. I believe the spec for the chip is like 100C, so no worries.

I have mine overclocked to 700 - 1674 - 2200 and it idles at 63 and under load gets to 70.

Maybe I am just lucky... I have the 1200 antec case.

I have mine overclocked to 700 - 1674 - 2200 and it idles at 63 and under load gets to 70.

Maybe I am just lucky... I have the 1200 antec case.

Where 're you ?...Your environment temp must be very cool to keep your Gx2 down to 70 underloaded.

Guadalajara, Mexico. 75ºF high and 61ºF low.

Also, I'm using Aero, maybe this also keeps the temp up I guess? I added a Rivatuner profile with the lowest clocks and 45% fan, it idles at around 61-63ºC now.

Well now I know this card is supposed to be HOT! :p

My GPU idles at 53 degrees at 55% speed. Under load it's actually cooler at around 48 degrees but I run the fan at 100% then. I have the Antec 900 with two extra 120mm fans blowing on the GPU (one from the HDD cage and one from the side panel) and I have a pci slot cooler with two fans under the GPU to extract the heat out the back of the case.

My GPU idles at 53 degrees at 55% speed. Under load it's actually cooler at around 48 degrees but I run the fan at 100% then. I have the Antec 900 with two extra 120mm fans blowing on the GPU (one from the HDD cage and one from the side panel) and I have a pci slot cooler with two fans under the GPU to extract the heat out the back of the case.

How loud is the fan at 100%

How loud is the fan at 100%

Well the drone of all my other fans drown out the noise of the GPU fan so I only can hear a slight increase in noise and I have to put my head up next to the machine to tell. My machine would make a great sleep machine because it has more fans in it than I have fingers to count them with.:screwy: It does have awesome airflow though and that's all I care about.:beer:

runs 55c at idle and 61c underload. I have fan set at 75% for 3d Performance and auto for anything else. You can only hear the fan when I am gaming, but I wear a h/s so I can't hear anything but the in game sound.

Oc'd to 1800shader linked 734~ core clock and 2150

Back