• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anything to watch out for with this card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont for see you having any problems switching cards.

But that card is also $80 and I dont know how much of a performance gain your going to get over your 8600GT. Your going to get some but I dont think your going to get $80 worth. Have you considered looking at the used section of these forums?

That's true and understandable. I live on a tight budget as well. Personally instead of investing $80 into that card why not get a nicer cooler for your card. Have some fun overclocking it and benching it for a while. use that to hold you over until you can save some extra money over a month or two and then buy something like an 8800GT or 4850 used or on sale that will give you much better graphic capabilities for the money.

I can understand needing a new toy to play with and something to tide you over. But I still dont think that would be the best investment for the little bit of performance increase your going to get. I would definitely suggest a better cooler, something that you could also use on a new card, and overclock that puppy as much as you can. That should hold you over for a little while until you can get some more funding some how.

Well then if your itching for something new and that is all you can afford by all means go ahead and get it. It will give you some performance increase but I know that it will be a lot. It's not a bad upgrade for what you have but there are better all thought budget willing it's not bad.

Back