• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E x38/Rampage Formula X48

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Just got this board from Brolloks this morning. Swapped out my DFI BloodIron P35. Had to wash out the loop as I had some crap in the mix :rolleyes:. Spent the entire day washing wcing parts out and swapping boards. Had to clean out the case too.

Anyways I just bled the system and @ stock speed I cannot believe the speed this thing has over the P35. I haven't started clocking yet, but dam this thing is faaaaaaasstt!! I'm happy so far with it. Can't wait to see what she can do now! :cool:

Now I know what I've been missing. Don't get me wrong the P35 was awsome, but once you step up, it's phenominal!

Dam I'm luvin' this board! Just ramped up 500x8 @ 1:1 with only 1.27vcore. Under load with orthos right now vcore dropped to 1.25v. That's a heckuva less voltage than with the P35 board.

Temps idle are 24c and loaded right now: 36-37c :clap:

Gonna see if it'll give me the 4.5Ghz, lol :D I can run 4.2Ghz easy with 1.36v on the P35, so I'm sure on this board it's a cakewalk. Imma let orthos run overnite. Dam she's fast!

I had my eye on that beauty for a while, but needed to by parts for a folding rig first. Glad to hear it found a good home and it's still a champ.

Here's the deal, I found of these for $125 from the local shop and just couldn't resist. It's an RMA return with a 30 day warantee from the shop. So basically it's refurbished. I need to get this thing on the bench very soon and put it through the paces to see if it's going to handle what I'm going to throw at it. I'm wondering what exactly the advantages are of flashing to a Rampage BIOS. Does it in fact have an effect on Vdroop? Brolloks et al, can you please explain.

Thx guyz :)

Well orthos failed after 6 hours :-/ I figure it's gotta be voltage related. Raised a few notches to 1.30v. Tried 4.5Ghz with 1.4v, ram at 2.2v and was greeted with the bloo screen. Backed it down to 4.2Ghz and got "NTDLR Corrupted" Dropped it back to 4.0Ghz with 1.3v.

Gonna have coffee and try again.

and so the addiction for "just a few more megahertz" has been re-ignited...:santa2:

LOL ;)

Rockin' 4.2Ghz (8x525 @ 1:1) with 1.34v. Orthos stable 1 hour so far. Temps loaded @ 42c. P35 needed 1.36v. I was right about voltages. So many voltage settings I had to tweak, but finally got it :) X38/X48 luvin'! :cool:

LOL ;)

Rockin' 4.2Ghz (8x525 @ 1:1) with 1.34v. Orthos stable 1 hour so far. Temps loaded @ 42c. P35 needed 1.36v. I was right about voltages. So many voltage settings I had to tweak, but finally got it :) X38/X48 luvin'! :cool:
Now you need a couple HD4850's or 4870's or even better an E8600 and a 4870X2:santa2: or two

That's great!

haha I have to get rid of my 975X :D
But I am too sentimental about my P5W DH :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was pretty attached to my P35, so when I swapped out I decided to put the P35 in the back-up rig and sell off the P43 I have in there now :)

Now you need a couple HD4850's or 4870's or even better an E8600 and a 4870X2:santa2: or two

I couple of HD4850's sound like a plan :) Not sure about a new chip as I'm happy with my faithful E3110.

I bought a P5E from Brollocks and it was a beast..I wish i had kept it and the E8400 i had at the time.And i wish i had kept them because id rather have a couple of HD4870's or a 4870X2 than my GTX260's

I bought a P5E from Brollocks and it was a beast..I wish i had kept it and the E8400 i had at the time.And i wish i had kept them because id rather have a couple of HD4870's or a 4870X2 than my GTX260's

I heard that. Well 3 hours orthos stable no problemo :cool: I know it's got more, but I'm going to enjoy it as it is for right now.

Gonna to dismantle the back-up rig and swap boards on that :) I'm sure the P35 will do very nicely with the pad-modded E6400.

*Edit* I noticed there's a new bios update for the Rampage Formula, the 410 Improve Memory compatibility

Back