• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I being too picky? 0.o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gwiggles

Hi Everyone,

I've been playing on a 17" Laptop Monitor (1920x1200) for the past year now and I've gotten accustomed to seeing everything being small. however, the other day I went out and bought a Syncmaster 2493HM 24" (1920x1200) monitor. I was planning to buy the Samsung T240, but no store in Singapore has them, only the T220. The picture on the bigger screen is worse than I would expect coming from a 17". It's not a completely crisp picture.

The only difference between the T240 and the Syncmaster is the Dynamic Contrast Ratio, 10,000:1 for the syncmaster and 20,000:1 for the T240. Will I see the same quality on different 24" monitors? They're also the same price =P

If I exchanged it for a 22" T220 (1680x1050) would the picture be crisper? Sorry If I'm rambling I'm just confused 0.o

Thanks for the help!

Are you using D-SUB or DVI? I have an ACER 22" I use on my server. It seems to have a fuzzy image to but i know it is because of the cheap D-SUB cable I am using.

Back