• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madas1

Registered
Hi everyone i just purchased a e8500 cpu and p5e deluxe mobo,my question is how long should i wait to overcloked my cpu? should i break in first? i had it now for a day running at stock values.

k thnx for the reply,and would i be able to hit 4 gh on this cpu without playing with the voltages?i have 1066 ram install 4 gigs. and zalman aftermarker cooler.

probably not, but what type of ram is it? I mean, you can hope, right? whats the worst that happens, you have to mess with the volts earlier than you hoped?

patriot viper pc2-8500 is overcloking ram,iam just concern about overheating my cpu to much

YOu should be able to get to at least 3.8 on stock volts, im at 3.65 right now on stock volts and under 40c idle.
Did you get a E0 revision chip?

k thnx man,right now it idles at 40 ,my amd 6000+ it use to idle at 31 i ghess this cips just run alitle hotter

Mabe my cooler is > than yours. Thats strange, you should be idling under 40 with a non-stock cooling. Your perfectly fine though, the stock cooler idles at 45-50.

What have you got for a cooler?

I just installed a Thermaltake V-1 on my e8500. P5Q-e board. My load temps have dropped by over 15 degrees. Running a stable 47 degrees at peak load... 32 at idle. Helluva improvement if you consider the fact that I was running 62-65 at load with the stock cooler. :D

I am running slightly overclocked right now as well:

3.2 ghz
400mhz bus 8x multiplier and 1.1 on the voltage (I wanted to run 1:1 with my 800 mhz ram)

I'm really tempted to start tweaking and try to get this bad boy up to 3.8-4.0, but I suppose letting the newly applied AS5 cure wouldn't be the dumbest idea. (kind of crazy to think the temps could drop another couple of degrees once it's fully cured) ;)

What's a good recommended break in procedure?

These chips are known to stick at 40C idle...cheap sensors Mine won't read below that even though it's certainly cooler. Changing your paste won't do a thing for it...check speed fan to see your cpu (not core) temperature to get a ballpark.

ive had two of these E0 e8500s one clocked to 4+ with stock volts and read 19c idle the other had stuck sensors and never read below 32 on one core and 39 on the other. they run cool it just might not show so dont worry about that. also you should be able to get 4.3ish with only 1.35 ~ volts

give it atleast 2-3 weeks to break it in. thats my personal preference for the compound to break in and settle.

This doesn't mean you have to wait that amount of time prior to OCing...it just means your speeds & temps may improve (a tiny bit) after that amount of time. Good luck :beer:

Back