• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I am ready to order up my w/c parts and I have one last question. I was going to order a MCP655 pump but after reading some on Martins site, would this be a better combination, the MCP355 with the XSPC Res-Top: http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Acrylic-Reservoir-for-Laing-DDC-pr-4123.html? This is the King of tops according to Martin and it eliminates the need for a res or t-line in the loop. Also, using Martins calculator, I could even add 2 gpu blocks to my loop and still be above 1.9gpm.

My starting loop will be an MCR320 with a GTZ and an MCW30, if it matters.

Wel that is a res, it's just one piece with the top. Either one will do fine, it's all a matter of preference and the space in your case. Of course $$ is a preference too :p, lol.

It is a res combined with the XSPC top. And it is even better that XSPC top according to Martin: http://www.xspc.biz/ddcres.php. Case size doesn't matter as I don't have one. $$$ doesn't matter either, if you're going to do it, do it right the first time :beer::santa::beer:.

If you order it make sure you buy barbs also. I just bought the XSPC non-res top and it didn't come with barbs. I opted to not get the res top because I didn't want to add the size and I already had a good res. If you don't mind the added size and don't have a res, that top seems like the best option.

Yeah, I did the same as UBERCOOL with my new loop; went with the regular XSPC top instead of the Res top with my 355. The difference between the 2 is practically nil in performance and the regular top makes the pump smaller and easier to place in your case. Plus, since I also ordered the MCR220-QP Res radiator which has a built in reservior, I didn't need a separate res or even a T-line for my loop.

Parts are all ordered, no turning back, now :beer:. Thanks for the imput Guys

Back