• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly going to WC my rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good luck! Pics when your ready. We will want before temps idle/load don't forget ambient temps and stress with P95 AND heaven at the SAME time for 30 min. Record temps, save for your comparision results. We like to see that. Couple pics of the build in work, 2-3 of the final pretty watercooling Pron pics will do. We seen enough boxes and such.

Go get em!

I'll definitely be posting a project log for my build. Project is named "Black Gold". It's going to be pretty good I think. And thanks for clarifying a few things for me.

No worries. We just have kinda migrated for P95 small ffts and Heaven for a CPU/GPU loop for testing, and nice to see the comparison results using the same thing before the BIG change.

Here to help when you help yourself. We appreciate someone reading the stickies, easier for us and imagine the hours it took to write and accumulate the knowledge in the stickies. Isn't the 'Internets' great? Thanks Al Gore!

No worries. We just have kinda migrated for P95 small ffts and Heaven for a CPU/GPU loop for testing, and nice to see the comparison results using the same thing before the BIG change.

Here to help when you help yourself. We appreciate someone reading the stickies, easier for us and imagine the hours it took to write and accumulate the knowledge in the stickies. Isn't the 'Internets' great? Thanks Al Gore!

What heaven settings would you use?

I have a question about two different pumps. I understand that the MCP355 is not pwm adjustable but the MCP35x is. What would be a benefit of getting the MCP35x instead of the MCP355 (other than the pwm adjustment)?

What about the XSPC RES TOP for the MCP355? How does that compare to an MCP35x with a separate tube res? Would they be pretty much even in terms of psi? Would I even see a difference in performance for 25 dollars more?

I used two for a while, almost 2 years.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

In the stickies, guess you haven't read enough yet.

Again, quick cut and paste from my earlier post:

You can put the much better 35x top on a 355. Don't get pwm but you get G 1/4 threads, better flow, and pressure.

Yes, better numbers. But it really matters little. A 355 with the XSPC restop is a great pump/res setup and pretty darn good.

Is $25 a big issue? It's watercooling, you are spending tons of $$ on something that we really don't need.

PWM and the ability to make the pump use less power (less heat in the loop), more quiet, better flow/pressure? It's a small diff and the $25 issue is your problem, not mine.

$25. Pfttt. When your spending $$$ for a hobby. It's a hobby. It's up to you.

Is $25 a big issue? It's watercooling, you are spending tons of $$ on something that we really don't need.

PWM and the ability to make the pump use less power (less heat in the loop), more quiet, better flow/pressure? It's a small diff and the $25 issue is your problem, not mine.

$25. Pfttt. When your spending $$$ for a hobby. It's a hobby. It's up to you.

:rofl: sad...., yet so true :( :rofl:

Back