• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA controller bad? maybe the MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkdgbroyles

I would like to know if my sata controller is bad. What it does is that it will reboot after some time of normal operation. It reboots to the detecting array" screen and will not find the array. The only way to fix it is to "load optimal defaults" , which will delay the problem for a few hrs to 2 days until then will happen all over again. HD and RAM tested good.

Just if you can, give me an idea what a sata controller problem should give me. I have 2 controllers, maybe I'm lucky.

I updated bios and MB drivers. i thought I fixed it because it stayed stable for a long time. I don't know, maybe the RAID controller?

That is really odd. The only thing that I can think of (short of the motherboard itself) is that the battery might be dying. It is a quick fix that you could try :shrug:

Update: I changed the battery, it booted into windows. As soon as it did,windows showed an access error to sata1. Then it froze and would not boot back into windows. I then tried to reinstall windows without RAID0, on to 1 drive. Very strange, it only showed 1 of the drives. I tried to install anyway but blue screened just before the install was complete.( Keep in mind, I used seatools earlier and passed). Only thing I can think of is a bad MB or bad bios. Any ideas?

Back