• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick out a new full tower case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheThermaltaker

My TT Armor is officially a POS. I need a full tower case that can fit a pump, reservoir, triple 120mm radiator if possible, 6 hard drives, 2 optical drives, controller panels, and would like some extra USB ports built in. I basically want another Armor, but not crappy and low-quality. I'd prefer tool-less drive and PCI assemblies, plenty of fans (or room for them), low noise, low tempurature, and some dust filters. The TT Armor has great dust filtering properties at the beginning, but once the filters start falling apart everything goes to hell. What would you recommend? And no Thermaltake products at all please. I'm sick and tired of them. As for price, I'd like to stay under $250, but the lower the cost the better. *** long as it's high quality of course.

I also forgot to mention I need a removable motherboard tray. As for having a window, I would prefer if it came with one, but if it's like a Lian Li that I can buy a window separately I'm fine with it.

The Cooler Master ATCS 840 may work for you, although it might be on the tight side.

It fills the specs you need. Removable motherboard tray, check. Triple radiator, check. 2 optical drives and few controller panels, check. 4 USB ports instead of usual 2 ports, plus a e-SATA port.

The only thing is that it holds 5 HD's, but a 6th one can be added via a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter.

The Cooler Master ATCS 840 may work for you, although it might be on the tight side.

It fills the specs you need. Removable motherboard tray, check. Triple radiator, check. 2 optical drives and few controller panels, check. 4 USB ports instead of usual 2 ports, plus a e-SATA port.

The only thing is that it holds 5 HD's, but a 6th one can be added via a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter.
I'd rather keep all the hard drives in cages instead of using an adapter. Are there any non TT cases that are pretty much all bay in the front? Because that's the greatest thing about the Armor for me.

might wanna take a look at the haf 932. seems to be sticking itself as my future build case. it doesnt have filters or removable mb tray, but that hole in the mobo and the size almost makes the removable mobo tray not needed (i have a little argument that its actually better than a removable but since i have never used it or a removable one the argument might actually just be spouting nonsense).

might wanna take a look at the haf 932. seems to be sticking itself as my future build case. it doesnt have filters or removable mb tray, but that hole in the mobo and the size almost makes the removable mobo tray not needed (i have a little argument that its actually better than a removable but since i have never used it or a removable one the argument might actually just be spouting nonsense).

I'm loving my HAF but I can already tell dust is going to build up pretty fast in it. Less then a month and I can already see a layer of dust starting to form in a few spots. Not much yet but I could see having to blow this case out once every 3 months. On the other hand my house is pretty dusty and I smoke so that just makes it worse for me.

Other then the lack of filters the HAF would be great for you it sounds like :(

I have a few questions about the 1200. Would it fit an MCR320 radiator with 6 fans inside? With all the fans on medium or low, how quiet is it? Because if the fans are loud I'll just replace the 120's with some Yate Loon low speeds. I'm looking for something near silent, because all my other parts are pretty quiet. The dampening foam should help too. :)

dunno about the antec but the haf will fit the rad and 6 fans. about quietness, if you have a giant hole in the top of your case with 3 fans mounted directly at the hole and another 3 behind those then how loud they are is going to mostly be a function of the fans not the case.

Oh wow, I can't count or remember things correctly. The Cooler Master ATCS 840 has 6 HD bays!

So it's down to these 3:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112159

he HAF is ugly as hell, but I don't really care. So if it's a better case I'm okay with it. I have a particularly dusty house, so how dusty is the filterless HAF case? And about the Lian Li, since I don't know much about them and there are so many models, which one is the best? And where can I get a windowed panel for the case? I'm looking for the quietest, coolest, easiest to build in, and best watercooling case under $350. Does the Antec 1200 have a removable motherboard tray? And of these 3 (or any other Lian Li's), which on would fit an MCR320 radiator with 6 fans inside it?

Back