• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on Maximus extreme...cmos error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

So I built the comp in my sig about a month ago. Ive had it running for a month or so but ive been running into a lot of problems. Now I'm at the most frustrating one. My gf turned my comp on yesterday and it was in a zoomed mode for god knows what reason. youd move the courser to the edges and it would scroll to that direction of the screen. So I was fittiling around in nvidia control panel to try to reverse this setting and when I apply a random option (don't remember which one) the screen goes blank. Restart and the screen doesnt go on, and I get cmos err on my asus LCD poster. Ive tried reseting cmos via the button on the I/O panel. Then I even removed a stick of RAM and NOTHING:bang head. any suggestions??

removed the cmos battery then put it back in and still nothing. I removed the Batt and booted without it and got the exact same error with it removed. could my maximus extreme already have a dead battery??

you should probably try a different video card to see if you have any video on the screen. the lcd poster display cmos error probably to tell you to enter bios and recover the values, but if you get no video then most likely the video card is bad. so i would try a different video card because the cmos battery rarely goes out especially your system is not even that old so your battery is no concern.

new cmos battery's aren't that much for cost try a new one and vidio card if needed cmos battery have been know to keep system's from booting
Rich

So after hrs oh sweat I fized it (sorta) I read like the 9 millionth thread and someone suggested trying the analog vga cable with the adapter. Booted up worked! not sure what settings to set back to get the DVI imput to work. Ill try it and post my findings. Thanks!

so the computer works perfectly with the vga input. I've tried setting as many options to defaults as possible but every time I plug the DVI cord in I get a no signal sign on the monitor. The computer does boot now however, just no monitor signal. Should I remove the driver and try to boot up?

Back