• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Lews...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

I'm new to Folding. I was just poking around the Folding stats for team 32. Since you are #1 I naturally clicked on your name. I see you have 27 active procs in last week.

I am trying to add more procs, and was curious how you did this. Do you really have 27 PC's at home, or do you have access to PC's in other places? I'm intrigued.

maybe he's a Lan admin, and just leaves the comps on at night after everyone leaves...

that would rack up serious WU's...

imagine microsoft building after dark.. WOAH:eek: :eek: :eek:

Heya,

Yeah I administer a Lan for which I have about 22 cpus folding (3 of them are dual proc machines) I also have 3 machines at home folding. I also have my parents computer folding 24/7 as well my bosses home machine. Basically, if I see a computer that is on 24/7 I do what I can to get the folding client installed :).

As soon as the new Dual AMD proc motherboards come out I will be adding that to my home machine, hopefully that will be within a month or 2. I have been debating on upgrading the kids machine as well, adding a cheap mainboard and throw in a gig duron. Right now it has an o/c 366 celeron running 550 and is quite the slow folder.

how are duallies at folding compared to single processors?

is there much dif? can the client utilize SMP?

It can use both processers if you run two instances of the client, one using the local switch. It puts out twice the wu's compared to one processor.

sweeet...

hope asus let's me have an A7266-D as a 'floor model'

than I'll put out some better WU results

Back