• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15% Cash back at Newegg with Paypal HURRY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Details - *Special Offer: Cash back offer applies to orders placed on Newegg.com on December 15, 2008 between 12:01AM - 11:59PM (PT) or while funds last (whichever occurs first) when PayPal is used as the payment method. Qualifying customers are eligible to receive 15% cash back (up to $50) on their order, which they will receive as a credit to their PayPal account no later than 12/17/2008. Certain restrictions apply. Limit one cash back credit per PayPal account. Please read the full Terms and Conditions found at the bottom of this page.

Also, get an additional 2.75% cashback when using live.com to get to newegg

grr must resist. I've been pondering a 1GB 4870 since the pricedrops but the best one is the Sapphire which is OOS. I wouldn't really use the card's power right away but idk if my 4850 will last a year or so which is when I'd next want to upgrade. New stuff coming soon...must...not...buy now.

You could also do a promo code stack on the MSI GTX 260 (192 shaders) and end up at like $150 :eek: *It also has a $20 MIR that you can find on the MSI website :eek:

Last edited:
rofl, I did a refresh and that Sapphire card was listed as in stock :eek: went through checkout as fast as I could but I got an email from Newegg claiming it was OOS :( It's been charged to PP but I'm sure that will be reversed, idk if I've used up my one chance for 15% though. And there's about 140 people in queue for live chat Lol.

Well, it worked fine except for the stock status being false, or maybe they had like 2 and someone else got them :p Could have gone for the HIS standard cooling 1GB 4870 model instead but it's now showing OOS as well. Ah well, I keep telling myself I'm better off keeping what I've got ;) especially since I've got a game backlog as it is - I need to spend less times reading forums.

Last edited:
Thanks...I snagged an Acer 20" LCD to replace this Samsung 17" CRT...ought to be a great upgrade.

How do you know when funds have run out? Do you know before you click order or is it a surprise 2 days later when the cash never goes to your account after it's too late?

One of the terms is 'as long as it shows on the Newegg website.' So in other words, when you go to the main Newegg page and the banner under the item menus still shows it, it's good. Atm it's still up.

How do you know when funds have run out? Do you know before you click order or is it a surprise 2 days later when the cash never goes to your account after it's too late?

Also since it's only a two day wait you can hold the package unopened and refuse delivery-return it if you don't get the money :p

That's one vastly better thing about this year's promotion, the cashback is very fast.

Receive 15% cash back on purchases, excluding tax and shipping ("Offer"). Offer applies to transactions at www.Newegg.com when you use PayPal as the payment method. Offer valid on December 15, 2008 and only as long as the Newegg.com website indicates that the 15% cash back promotion is available. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $50.00. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2009.

Says Jan 31 2009 here???

Yeah that's like Paypal's standard terms. If you read the Newegg Email promo that had the offer at the bottom are the terms and it says refund is by Dec 17th. Also it says that any refunds will be minus the cashback amount so they are covering themselves that way rather than delaying the payment. Probably something Newegg did special by fronting the cash or whatever.

Here are the terms from Newegg's promo email, not much time left and it looks as if there are still funds available:
Newegg customers are eligible to receive fifteen percent (15%) cash back on certain orders placed on December 15, 2008, subject to the terms set forth on this page.

To be eligible for this cash back offer, your order must be placed on the www.newegg.com website between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm on December 15, 2008 (Pacific Time) and before the funds for this promotion are depleted, whichever occurs first, and you must use PayPal as your payment method. For purposes of this promotion, your order is deemed placed at the moment you complete the checkout process.

For each qualifying order, the cash back amount shall be equal to the lesser of (1) fifteen percent (15%) of the order amount (net of taxes and shipping/handling charges), or (2) US $50.00.

If you place a qualifying order, you shall receive cash back in the form of a credit to your PayPal account within 48 hours from the date you placed your qualifying order. You are limited to one cash back credit (not to exceed $50.00) per PayPal account, regardless of the number of qualifying orders you place.

Please note: Only a limited amount of funds are available for this cash back promotion. If your order is placed after all of these funds have been allocated to other qualified orders, you will not be eligible to receive cash back - even if your order is placed on December 15, 2008.

The decisions of Newegg Inc. shall be binding and final with respect to all matters relating to this promotion, including the determination of which orders are eligible to receive cash back.

If you are otherwise entitled to a refund or credit for an order for which you received cash back under this promotion, your refund or credit shall be reduced by the amount of cash back already credited to your PayPal account.

Any order subject to this promotion is also subject to all terms and conditions contained in Newegg’s standard Policy and Agreement, except to the extent of any express conflict between the terms of this promotion and the Policy and Agreement.

Back