• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble identifying bluetooth acessories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

so has any one else noticed that there seems to be something about some of these wireless computer acessories and weither or not they are bluetooth or not?

i've been hunting arround for a bluetooth mouse for my laptop for some time now, i am trying to get a comfterable mouse and nothing itty bitty or atleast something neat and i came across the Mobile Memory Mouse 8000, has 1 gig of memory bulit into, what i thought was the mouse it self, turned out to be the reciver. any way it shows up on M$'s website when you narrow the mice selection down when you pick "Bluetooth Wireless Technology" in the drop down on the page. so i thought ok cool i'll go see if i can find one locally to get a feel for it.

i find one at an office depot going out of business and NO WHERE on the packaging does it say any thing about being bluetooth compatable. so i thought what the heck.

i've also noticed the other way arround, seeing the Logitech VX nano advertised as using bluetooth but on logitech's site it says nothing about being a bluetooth mouse. aside from the fact the VX nano reciver looks EXACTLY like my ANYCOM reciver, minus the yellow side of the case of course

i'm wondeirng if theres any way to tell for sure or if there is a list of items that are bluetooth or RF on the net. i see wireless acessories that have the same range as the bluetooth ones.....its kinda strange. all the bluetooth stuff is starting to confuse me, dont make me get into the stereo bluetooth and vista things. any way...

most importantly of all has any one else noticed this and why the heck do they do this?
do they not want to pay for using the name "bluetooth"

Back