• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help quick core i7 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

luv2increase

Disabled
Ok, I'm installing the core i7 onto the evga x58 motherboard, and after I close the plate on top of the core i7 and try to push down the last latch, it seems really hard to shut down or close whatever you want to call it. Is it supposed to be like that??? I don't want to break the CPU or the LGA socket....

Someone please respond quickly so I can just go ahead on shut it down on the chip...

Thanks!

Yeah it was pretty tough for me when I installed it, don't worry as long as it's alligned correctly it will go in, and needs quite a bit of force over normal motherboards. :p

Yeah, new expensive things make it harder to use force with.
As long as you have the CPU inserted the correct way dont worry.

I like to call any slot on the motherboard that has never been used a virgin slot as it is tight. But change your ram enough or swap out PCI (-E) cards enough and the slots loosen up real nice.

Yeah, new expensive things make it harder to use force with.
As long as you have the CPU inserted the correct way dont worry.

I like to call any slot on the motherboard that has never been used a virgin slot as it is tight. But change your ram enough or swap out PCI (-E) cards enough and the slots loosen up real nice.

lol i like things to stay tight i dont like it when they get lose :D it feels like they arent making contact

virgin slot...haha

Back