• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 9600gt avg temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kain000

Hey does anybody know about what temps I should be seeing off my stock geforce 9600GT at idle and load?

I've just checked my system monitor and it's reading my GPU at 58C witch seems a little hot to me.

that should be fine i guess, cant be perfectly sure, i have 8800GT SLI and apparently they can go up to 90C safe, i get up to about 80C so 58C should be fine.

that should be fine i guess, cant be perfectly sure, i have 8800GT SLI and apparently they can go up to 90C safe, i get up to about 80C so 58C should be fine.

alright thanks for the info, I was a bit worried, I know that pushing 64C or so on a CPU is BAD NEWS.

thanks again.

BTW:
how is the sli working out for you? Did you need additional drivers or just the bridge and your HAL did the rest?

Hey does anybody know about what temps I should be seeing off my stock geforce 9600GT at idle and load?

I've just checked my system monitor and it's reading my GPU at 58C witch seems a little hot to me.

My GX2 with the fans at stock % idle around 70-72C. No need to worry.

just the bridge, no need for more drivers, and whats HAL?
and for CPU im pretty sure its 70C

HAL= Hardware Abstraction Layer

Its sorta like a Motherboard driver... sort of

Its what allows you to use any assortment of hardware without having to re-code your system's kernal

it's not a Linux thing, but most windows and mac users never interact with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_abstraction_layer

Could be lower I guess, my 8800GT idles at roughly 52c on average @ 75% fan speed, try adjusting your fan speed.

Here's a guide I did to adjust the fan profile via the gfx card's BIOS. It would be advantageous if you run multiple OS's (your Linux reference made me think you might enjoy this tweak).

You can increase the idle fan speed to 45-55% which IMO is not any louder than stock, but is a lot better for temps. Then have it ramp up to whatever fan speed you can audibly stand when the card gets warmed up under load. I know you are well w/n spec, but cool hardware is happy hardware.

70*C is right at or near the limit for running P95 small-fft IMO. You won't ever get that high under normal usage...if you are under normal usage and getting that hot you might want to look into some better cooling or reduced vcore.

Back