• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case from Legos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rezman5

Case from Legos (with pics!!!)

I am going to try to build a case from Legos. Do I need to do anything special to the mobo, like raise it off the base of the lego case in some way? I will post pics when it is done!

Last edited:
you'll need to mount some standoffs for the mobo mounting, should be real easy though, just get some standoffs from your existing case or buy some from a good electronics parts store. you'll also need drive mounting stuff as well. I'm not so sure it will work well without a chassis ground of some sort though. there's someone out there with a lego case and pics, but if i remember right, i think he used the inside chassis of a regular case and mobo tray, just built the legos around that.

Well, I have worked on it for about 2 hours now. My hands are almost bleeding! Right now I am taking time out to watch the eagles game. If anyone has any legos they want to contribute to this project, please PM me and let me know.

Rezman5 said:
Well, I have worked on it for about 2 hours now. My hands are almost bleeding! Right now I am taking time out to watch the eagles game. If anyone has any legos they want to contribute to this project, please PM me and let me know.

Here's your window mod :D :D

1x4x5blackwindowframe.gif

http://www.lego.com/bulk/default.asp

Bulk ordering of Legos.

~Vash~

you should glue these together or something to make them more stable....... tthat would be cool.

maybe u should start over :)

I will not start over. It took like 1.5 hours just to get the outline done with specific measurements taken from my Lain-Li case. I am thinking of just using the removable motherboard tray in the Lego case. If I would get a bunch of those window things...you might be on to something. Anyway, PM me for donating legos. I am 15 and still have my legos from when I was a kid, but almost used all of them already. I might coat the whole thing in some kind of clear glue...and sell it in the classifieds or something.

Unfortunately I donated all my Legos, and Lego "Briefcase" carrier, to GoodWill about 4 years ago.

I do remember there was an alternative to Legos back when I was a kid, called Connectix? Something along those lines. You connected the pieces together via a little cube piece with connectors on each face of the cube. Now there is a real challenge in making a PC :)

What are you going to use to hold the PSU up? That sucker is a little heavy for non-glued Legos.

~Vash~

"I might coat the whole thing in some kind of clear glue...and sell it in the classifieds or something."

well at least assemby isnt required :)

very cool you are 15 and using your mind.
and they say all young kids do are drugs these days :)

I saw one lego case a long time ago that had both the AMD logo and the Asus logo lego-ed into the side. That was real cool! You could do something like that w/ your case!

yea im 16 and almost done with my watercooling project, all homemade!

about all the kids doing drugs, its mostly true actually!
but i dont, id say about half or more do or have done weed....

I would make an AMD sign out of legos, but don't have the right colors nor do I have enough legos to work with. I havn't gotten any PMs for anyone wanting to send me legos. Any ideas on a clear glue I can use? Any help (parts or ideas) would be appreciated!

well i pretty much own my own computer biz....basicly iv built some computers and done some upgrades for other people....

Last edited:
New announcements on more needs. I relized that I am going to need a way to turn it on. If you have any spare power bottons, reset bottons, little speaker that beeps, and LCDs from old cases...please PM me. thank you ahead of time for all the parts I am asking for!!!

i'm 21, at school, live at home over breaks, and my parents still tell me i'm a waste. what's your secret? :beer:

LOL :D

Rezman5 said:
power bottons, reset bottons, little speaker that beeps, and LCDs [/B]

For the LEDs, you could get a techinic brick and stick the LEDs in that :D:D:D

Back