• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ratm3000

I got this new system setup and need help lowering the latency of the memory and hopefully improving the performance.
Check out the pic and tell me what you think.

setup01p.jpg

Just go to BIOS, set VDIMM to 1.65, aand... *scratches forehead* Ah, just too many windows open ;] Simply set the timings to the specced 7-8-7-20. (as seen on the CPU-Z)
Stress test the system. If the timings somehow cause problems, start slowly loosening it, or raising NB voltage.

I ran the system for a longer period of time and after a few minutes I get a blue screen saying it is dumping memory and then the computer restarts and this repeats.

can u post ur specs can see pics :(
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 (Bloomfield)
Memory: TR3X6G2000C7GTF - DOMINATOR GT, 6GB (3x2GB), 2000MHz, 7-8-7-20, with Airflow fan
Power Supply: Ultra X3 ULT40070 1600W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit)

I have had success with loading the XMP Profile #1 before it would just freeze up; I ran it over night at 1600Mhz from the Memory Level Up and tried to run XMP Profile #1 which is 7-8-7-20 @2000Mhz and it is working fine now still seeing if it is going to be very stable and then I will proceed to OC the CPU back. As I am still doing research on the best way to OC the 965.
Please keep posting your inputs as they are greatly appreciated.

Memory: XMP Profile #1
setup02.jpg

Back