• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Gone]Two Open box Q6600s at the Egg.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There's actually a sticky for Newegg refurbs, and this really ought to belong there.

I've had pretty so-so luck with Newegg refurbished stuff. I wouldn't buy a hard drive from there, and I think four of five video cards I bought were failures. Often the refurbed CPUs don't overclock very well, though you can get lucky. I have a feeling that people sometimes return stuff that doesn't meet their overclocking expectations. For a stock rig you can find some great deals, though.

I've purchased a ton of open box items from newegg over the years, and have had very few problems. The only DOA part was a Ti4600. Tells you how long ago that was! I've never had trouble with hard drives, motherboards, CPU's, memory, etc. and I'm usually buying an open box product at least once a month. The only thing I let people know is that with mobo's you only have a 50/50 chance of getting anything besides the bare board. Things like the i/o plate, cables and other stuff have pretty good odds of being missing.

And you didn't hang up the idea of buying refurbs from them after the first one? Lol :screwy:
It was such a good deal! :bang head I think I bought a couple in one order, and then kept switching out with other refurbs until I got one that worked.

I only posted them here because the sticky gets cluttered sometimes.

I recently bought a Q6600 G0 stepping Open box for 140 dollars, It clocks to 3.6 but because my cooling is inadequate I run it at 3.4. 1 week later they had one for 130 dollars, I was like.... crap... but with almost 60 dollar savings, I am not gonna complain.

I find they have a q6600 almost once every week or two weeks for around 140-150 dollars. Mine was not supposed to come with HSF but it had the complete box.

Back