• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP WITH DFI NF4_SLI_DR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

navyelk

I have the dfi nf4 sli dr motherboard with a amd X2 4400+ processor and 4 gigs of corsair XMS CMX 1024 - 3200 memory and two 8800gts video cards and a soundblaster xfi platinum sound card , the last two things dont matter as far as i know when it comes to my question.

Ok My Question is since I am a complete noob to bios and setting it up and tweeking it could someone please help me get something going to where my computer performs to its potential. I dont know which bios to load and what to do with it after I loaded it.

I would appreciate help with this subject and would be very greatfull anyone helping me out through this by hooking you up in any way possible.

I am not a total computer noob I actually pretty good with things from loading windows getting programs running good and stuff like that, I want to thank anyone who helps me in advance , and say you guys have a great site here and lots of great information but I am really not understanding what to do as far as bios and getting it tweeked. Thankyou:bang head:beer:

:welcome: to OCF!

This is a great guide for OC'ing a s939 - the same one I first used!
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

The only real change is we've found the HT link is not that critical so don't bother with that step. Set the HT Link down to 3x until you've finished testing the CPU and RAM. When it's all done, then go back and adjust the HT link. For that board you should stay around 1150 MHz or so for an HT Link speed. Any higher usually leads to problems down the road.

Specific questions and especially results are always welcome! :)

Hopefully a DFI owner will come along and let you know about the BIOS version. I know DFI's have a few "unofficial" versions and some are pretty good but I wouldn't know which is which being as ASUS fan.

Good luck with the OC ...!

Yea i will definately look into your sugestion and I to hope someone will come along to help with my bios issues I could really use the Help!!

Grab yourself TMods bios flash and utility DVD. It is loaded with different bios versions and will flash them for you too.

I LOOKED INTO TMODS AND IT DOESNT LIST MY MOTHERBOARD, SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH MY SETUP GETTING A BIOS INSTALLED THAT CAN INCREASE MY PERFORMANCE PLEASE HELP I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MY POST DAILY FOR OVER A WEEK NOW AND HAVE NOT GOT ANYTHING I CAN USE, PLEASE IF SOMEONE IS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE DO !!

THANKYOU

Are you looking to "fine tune" it or overclock it?

I use the DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard and it is an overclocking monster! (for it's time). This isn't an overly complex motherboard to overclock and can produce some great results, but if you want to get the most out of it, be prepared to spend many hours testing settings.

If you want, I can try to take some screen shots of my settings to give you an idea of some settings to try. (I can't remember them off the top of my head.)

Back