• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

double rad or triple rad for i7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rohizzle121

Registered
so heres the deal,
my friend has an antec 900, and a i7 920 and a evga x58
he wants his entire setup to be inside his case.
he wants to hit 4GHZ

would a double rad be suffient or would we need a triple rad?
because from what i read there isnt a way to fit a triple rad in a 900, only a double. but a double would fit like a glove.

ive heard both, a double wont work and a double would work, so im confused.
his ambiants are aroound 72F

oh and would this pump be suffient to power the loop? [its so cheap and compact that i must ask!]

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6473/ex-res-130/XSPC_Bay_Reservoir_Pump_Combo.html?tl=g30c107s152

Attachments

• pc.png
    pc.png
    26 KB · Views: 309
A lot would depend on which 240 rad he gets. Even if he gets the best one, he's still gonna have heat issues if he plans on OCing it very far. Most people I see with I7's run a triple rad for the the CPU itself. If he's wanting it to fit in a 900, i'd go double and a single or better yet, double and PA160. He could mount the single or 160 on the rear fan spot.

Axis

A lot would depend on which 240 rad he gets. Even if he gets the best one, he's still gonna have heat issues if he plans on OCing it very far. Most people I see with I7's run a triple rad for the the CPU itself. If he's wanting it to fit in a 900, i'd go double and a single or better yet, double and PA160. He could mount the single or 160 on the rear fan spot.

Axis

that doesnt seem like it would fit? i have a PA160 right now, and it doesnt seem like it could fit on the back of the case? hwd5yp.jpg
that seems like its too big? or is that just me?
is it possible to mount a triple rad where its like upside down? then we could mount it on the top of his case

at least your cpu block isn't damaged! :D
haha, windows 7 paint is so confusing!

Back