• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody seen the new Antec P1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

i'm not sure if it's in production yet, but i like it, and don't like it :thup:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=269&Itemid=46

i love the front of the case. i love the fibreglass door on the front. i want to do a similar mod on my Antec 900 now...somehow lol.

i hate the two-tone finish though. the plastic silver bits around the front of the case just make it look cheap. if i bought this case, i would paint the silver parts black ASAP for an all-black finish.

the case still uses the same type of harddrive cages the Antec 900 uses, but this time harddrives are mounted vertically, and it's screwless, so you can hotswap harddrives. there's also knobs on the top of each cage to control fan speeds. you can also turn the LEDs off/on according to this youtube video i watched:

enjoy

Looks interesting , forms remind of CM cosmos but a bit more awkward ,not for my taste.

Looks interesting , forms remind of CM cosmos but a bit more awkward ,not for my taste.
lol yeah, one thing i forgot to mention is, those handle-looking things put it off for me.
if i had the time, i'd shave those things off as soon as i got the case :p

but other than that, this case looks promising.

Looks...interesting. But not something I'd ever go for. The plasticy look and the shape of those handles sorta kills any interest I'd have in getting it.

Looks...interesting. But not something I'd ever go for. The plasticy look and the shape of those handles sorta kills any interest I'd have in getting it.
yeh i want those handles removed. it just ruins the look. all Antec cases apart from the P1 series don't tend to look clean :(

there's some cool functions over previous Antec cases though.

hmm... you'r first comment of you like it and you don't like it fits my opinion exactly.

I'm a huge p180/2 fan and appreciate the 900 even though it's to flashy for my tastes.

The case itself has huge potential but the outside casing I don't even remotely like and IMHO moves away from everything that makes antec different from coolermaster's different, but not necessarily worse, approach. I like how they are mating many of their designs from the 900 and the p1 series such as seperate cages with large top fans and a more open design, and greatly appreacite the black interior. However as mentioned the outside color scheme is terrible, I don't like how small the glossy part of the central front panel is, and the handles are all over the place. I would be fine with the handles if all four mached and blended well but they are all different and just don't gell at all.

Last edited:
Too small. I like full towers. If only they made an E-ATX version of the 1200...

hmm... you'r first comment of you like it and you don't like it fits my opinion exactly.

I'm a huge p180/2 fan and appreciate the 900 even though it's to flashy for my tastes.

The case itself has huge potential but the outside casing I don't even remotely like and IMHO moves away from everything that makes antec different from coolermaster's different, but not necessarily worse, approach. I like how they are mating many of their designs from the 900 and the p1 series such as seperate cages with large top fans and a more open design, and greatly appreacite the black interior. However as mentioned the outside color scheme is terrible, I don't like how small the glossy part of the central front panel is, and the handles are all over the place. I would be fine with the handles if all four mached and blended well but they are all different and just don't gell at all.
lol yeah the handles are all over the place.
about the 900 being too flashy, i agree, after i got over all the Blue lights flashing in my eyes. i just simply took out all my Antec fans :p

if only this case was a bit sleeker, and less futuristic looking (you could say) it would be a great case.
i love how they still put a massive 200mm fan at the top. it's kinda a trademark Antec thing now.

I waited and waited for Antec to say if that was going into production back at the first of the year. After not hearing anything about it for so long, I bought my Raven RV01 and havent looked back.

I waited and waited for Antec to say if that was going into production back at the first of the year. After not hearing anything about it for so long, I bought my Raven RV01 and havent looked back.
what's your rating of that case?
certianly looks the part, but i've never been sure about the rotated motherboard mount.

I like Antec cases alot (I own 3). But this looks to be a failure to me. Antec as a company doesn't exactly seem to be in touch with their customer base all the time. Little additions that I see on the HAF and Lancool K60 seemed to be overlooked by Antec and Thermaltake.

By the way why haven't the case makers given any support to water cooling. I don't water cool at all but it seems to me that if a case maker would create a case with areas and attachments specifically geared towards water cooling they would have a hit on their hands.

I like Antec cases alot (I own 3). But this looks to be a failure to me. Antec as a company doesn't exactly seem to be in touch with their customer base all the time. Little additions that I see on the HAF and Lancool K60 seemed to be overlooked by Antec and Thermaltake.

By the way why haven't the case makers given any support to water cooling. I don't water cool at all but it seems to me that if a case maker would create a case with areas and attachments specifically geared towards water cooling they would have a hit on their hands.

Mountain Mods, Lian-Li.

Back